This is a recorded webinar from December 5, 2018.
Many issues related to construction can be alleviated by a fundamental understanding of the basics of concrete. This starts with knowledge of the standard components of a concrete mixture including cementitious materials, aggregates, water, and admixtures and their importance on the properties of fresh and hardened concrete. The combination of these materials in various proportions can produce mixtures suitable for a wide range of applications and placement methods. Once placed, the concrete must be properly cured to develop its intended properties. The fundamentals of each step of this process are covered in this presentation.
Table of Contents
1. Explain the importance and applications of concrete.
2. Describe the standard components of a concrete mixture.
3. Explain the properties of fresh and hardened concrete.
4. Understand the importance of properly batching and mixing concrete.
5. Describe the importance of curing and various curing techniques.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).