ACI In Your Classroom
Integrate ACI into your classroom!
To support future leaders, ACI has launched several initiatives to engage students in the Institute’s activities and programs – select programs that may be of interest to Educators are:
- Free student membership – encourage students to sign up
- Special student discounts on ACI 318 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete,
ACI SP-17(14) Student Edition of The Reinforced Concrete Design Handbook, ACI 530 Building Code Requirements and Specification for Masonry Structure, Formwork for Concrete manual, & Contractor's Guide to Quality Concrete Construction 4th Edition.
- Access to Concrete International – free to all ACI student members
- Access to ACI Structural Journal and ACI Materials Journal – free to all ACI student members
- ACI University Certificate Program – the ACI Certificate Program, delivered through ACI University, encourages concrete professionals to gain in-depth knowledge about particular topics in concrete materials, design, or construction by following a defined online course of study. Once a certificate program has been completed, the participant will receive a certificate from ACI.
- Student competitions – participate in ACI’s written and/or team-based competitions
- Scholarships and fellowships – students who win awards are provided up to $15,000 and may be offered internships and paid travel to attend ACI’s conventions
- ACI Award for University Student Activities – receive local and international recognition for your University’s participation in concrete related activities
- Free digital access to ACI’s practices – ACI student members receive free digital access to the Institute's practices, which contains 200+ Guides and Reports
- ACI online recorded web sessions and continuing education programs – online learning tools ideal for use as quizzes or in-class study material
- The Multi-Cultural Communication session – was sponsored by ACI Committee S802 Teaching Methods and Educational Materials. Faculty members share tools, tips, and resources for communicating with a diverse body of students.