ACI In Your Classroom
Integrate ACI into your classroom!
To support future leaders, ACI has launched several initiatives to engage students in the Institute’s activities and programs – select programs that may be of interest to Educators are:
- Free student membership – encourage students to sign up
- Student discounts - learn more at concrete.org/save
- Access to ACI Structural Journal and ACI Materials Journal – free to all ACI student members
- ACI University Certificate Program – the ACI Certificate Program, delivered through ACI University, encourages concrete professionals to gain in-depth knowledge about particular topics in concrete materials, design, or construction by following a defined online course of study. Once a certificate program has been completed, the participant will receive a certificate from ACI.
- Student competitions – participate in ACI’s written and/or team-based competitions
- Scholarships and fellowships – students who win awards are provided up to $15,000 and may be offered internships and paid travel to attend ACI’s conventions
- ACI Award for University Student Activities – receive local and international recognition for your University’s participation in concrete related activities
- Free digital access to ACI’s practices – ACI student members receive free digital access to the Institute's practices, which contains 200+ Guides and Reports
- ACI online recorded web sessions and continuing education programs – online learning tools ideal for use as quizzes or in-class study material
- The Multi-Cultural Communication session – was sponsored by ACI Committee S802 Teaching Methods and Educational Materials. Faculty members share tools, tips, and resources for communicating with a diverse body of students.
- On-Demand Course: Exploring the new ACI Reinforced Concrete Design Handbook MNL17(21) – The contents of this course include six recorded presentations. This Handbook is intended to provide assistance to professionals engaged in the design of reinforced concrete buildings and related structures and is neither a part of nor an official interpretation of the Code by ACI Committee 318.
- On-Demand Course: Reinforced Concrete Detailing Manual Overview MNL66(20) – This course covers the history and evolution of MNL66(20) and explains the key components and latest updates to this latest version of the manual. Additionally, a few detailing examples will also be illustrated.
- Using ACI 318 PLUS as a Teaching Tool – provides educators and students with a new digital-based platform that allows them to share digital notes and additional resources within one platform while teaching and learning with ACI CODE 318-19. Click here for further instruction on how to access ACI 318 PLUS.