ACI's goal of serving as a major force in creating and maintaining a worldwide community of individuals and organizations supplying and accessing knowledge on concrete is met through our international activities.
ACI maintains its relationship with the international concrete community through our participation in international events, our active and influential International Chapters, and signing collaborative agreements with other international organizations.
ACI's International committees serve as a guiding voice to keep international activities and concerns at the forefront of ACI's strategic goals.
Why is ACI interested in signing international agreements?
An international agreement with a concrete-related association that is committed to cooperation, coordination, and collaboration with other concrete-related societies is a critical step in the effort to develop a worldwide unified concrete community of equal partners.
ACI has fostered closer and more formal relations with a number of international concrete organizations through signing international agreements. Each agreement is tailored to the particular relationship and identifies common interests, outlines a mutual understanding, and defines areas of cooperation between the organizations.
The intent of signing an international agreement is to increase collaboration and cooperation between the organizations for the purpose of improving concrete construction by making technical expertise of each organization available to the other through publications, meetings, conferences, Internet links, committee membership, certification activities, and any other activity as mutually agreed.
Agreed upon cooperation may be exhibited by such activities as
- Promoting the agreement on each organization's letterhead
- Jointly sponsoring conferences, seminars, or other educational activities between the organizations with or without financial commitment
- Sharing with each organization committee information and extending membership on committees
- Encouraging visits to each organization's office and conventions/meetings
- Providing complimentary subscriptions to each organization's periodicals
- Publicizing the programs and products of the other organization and negotiating terms and arrangements for resale
- Exploring the possibilities of publishing select information typically not available to the organization's members as part of an International Publication Series
- Linking websites to make each organization's members aware of the organization's programs and activities
- Developing joint awards for outstanding service to the concrete industry
- Encouraging participation in ACI certification programs via negotiated terms and arrangements
And other mutually agreed upon benefits shared between the organizations.
Who has signed an international agreement with ACI?
The American Concrete Institute is proud to be a partner with the following international organizations.