ACI is interested in building a worldwide community of individuals and organizations involved in concrete design, construction, materials, education, research and other roles in the concrete industry, who share a commitment to pursuing the best use of concrete. As a result, ACI’s international activities are focused on the global development and distribution of concrete knowledge.
ACI strengthens its relationship with the international concrete community through participation in international events, expansion and support of international Chapters, and signing collaborative agreements with key concrete-related organizations around the world.
Why is ACI interested in signing international agreements?
An international agreement between concrete-related organizations who are committed to cooperation, coordination, and collaboration is a critical step in the effort to develop a worldwide unified concrete community of equal partners.
ACI has fostered closer and more formal relations with many international concrete organizations by signing international agreements. Each agreement is tailored to the particular relationship and identifies common interests, outlines a mutual understanding, and defines areas of cooperation between the organizations.
The intent of signing an international agreement is to increase collaboration and cooperation between the organizations for the purpose of improving concrete construction by making technical expertise of each organization available to the other through publications, meetings, conferences, internet links, committee membership, certification activities, and any other activity as mutually agreed.
Agreed upon cooperation between the organizations may be exhibited by activities such as:
- Promoting the agreement on their letterhead
- Jointly sponsoring conferences, seminars, or other educational activities, with or without financial commitment
- Sharing committee information and extending membership on each other’s committees
- Encouraging visits to each other's office, conventions and meetings
- Providing complimentary subscriptions to each other's periodicals
- Publicizing the programs and products of each other, and negotiating terms and arrangements for resale
- Exploring the possibility of publishing select information, typically not available to members, as part of an International Publication Series
- Linking websites to make members aware of the other's programs and activities
- Developing joint awards for outstanding service to the concrete industry
- Encouraging participation in ACI certification programs via negotiated terms and arrangements
And other mutually agreed upon benefits shared between the organizations.
Who has signed an international agreement with ACI?
The American Concrete Institute is proud to have signed agreements with the following international organizations: