Submit an Article to CI
CI editorial content features articles and case studies that can help ACI members do their jobs. If you have a story to share on how to design, construct, or repair a concrete structure better, faster, or more cost effectively, let us know.
CI editors can assist authors in article development. If you have an idea for an article, e-mail Keith Tosolt, Editor-in-Chief at Keith.Tosolt@concrete.org.
All articles submitted to Concrete International should include:
- No more than 3000 words of text, including author bios and references;
- No more than 8 figures, tables, and illustrations;
- A short biography (100 word maximum) and color passport-style photo of each author;
- A one-paragraph abstract of the article; and
- A maximum of 10 keywords.
Minimize your work by:
- Using a simple format (left alignment and automatic wrap);
- Placing figures and tables in separate files rather than in your text file;
- Using the author-year system for citations (we'll number them later);
- Avoiding the use of links for references or figures;
- Avoiding the use of endnotes or footnotes;
- Using placeholders for equations (like 'Eq. 1 Goes Here') and listing the equations in a separate file; and
- Avoiding placement of equations or figures into tables.
Image Format and Photos for the Cover
While images embedded in the manuscript are fine for the review process, embedded images cannot be used for final publication. All photos and figures should also be sent as individual image files so we can verify that they are of print quality.
Photos must be sent as .tif or .jpg files. They should be at least 4 x 6 in. at a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. Glossy prints or color slides are also acceptable. Author photos should be a minimum of 1 x 1.5 in. at a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
Graphs, charts, and line art can be sent as .tif, .jpg, .eps, .xls, .pdf, or .ai files. If your images were created in a different program, please inquire to see if we can accept the file format.
We’re always looking for potential cover photos. Cover photos must be portrait (vertical) orientation. They must be sent as .tif or .jpg files and must be at least 8.25 x 10.75 in. at a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
Send It In
Articles should be submitted to Lacey Stachel, Managing Editor, at Lacey.Stachel@concrete.org.