July 19 - 21, 2021
SPONSORED BY THE ACI FOUNDATION
Plans are underway for the 2021 Professors' Workshop, which is scheduled for July 19 through July 21, 2021. Although the introduction of the vaccine may soon allow our lives to return to normal, it is unclear the pace at which this will happen. Given the uncertainty regarding travel for university faculty of the summer, it was decided to hold the 2021 Professors’ Workshop as an online event over three half days.
The program will feature instructors in civil engineering, architecture, architectural engineering, materials science, and construction management programs presenting the latest resources to assist in teaching undergraduate courses in structural concrete design, concrete materials, and pavements. Prominent, nationally known faculty and industry representatives will present information and resources to assist professors in preparing or fine-tuning their concrete-related courses. Although the workshop will be presented fully online, the primary focus is to provide teaching resources that are suited for both online and face-to-face formats. Several interactive workshop sessions are also planned that will allow participants to explore ideas for improving the delivery of their concrete courses. Attendees will receive a certificate of participation for attending the workshop.
Times shown below are in EDT.
(Tentative schedule subject to change)
- 10AM: Introduction to Concrete (Ken Hover)
- 11AM: Active Learning in the Virtual Classroom (Chris Carroll)
- 1PM: Concrete course mapping
- 2PM: Models for Teaching Structural Concrete (Chris Carroll)
- 10AM: Concrete Repair (David Scott)
- 11AM: Pavements – What to Teach and How (Norb Delatte)
- 1PM: Resources for Teaching Concrete
- 2PM: Fresh Concrete Properties, Placing and Finishing Concrete (Ken Hover)
- 10AM: ACI 318-19 in the Classroom (ACI Staff)
- 11AM: Hardened Properties and Durability (Jason Ideker)
- 1PM: CRSI Capstone Course (including discussion of different approaches to capstone) (David Fanella)
- 2PM: Concrete course mapping (breakout session)