Concrete Projects Competition
These projects can include computer programs, term papers, student activities, senior design projects, and/or special projects. Deadline to submit is June 2, 2019 11:59 PM.
Competition Travel Stipend
The purpose of the travel stipend is to partially offset costs associated with traveling to the fall or spring ACI Convention. Deadline to apply is June 30, 2019 11:59 PM.
Important Messages and Updates
Mortar Workability Competition Results
Eco Concrete Competition Results
Concrete Construction Competition Results
James Instrument Competition Results
2018 ACI Award for University Student Activities Winners
General Competition Information:
General Competition Information:
- All submissions should be in the English language.
- All student competitions require that each team consisting of at least two and no more than five students currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college or university worldwide.
- Undergraduate students on cooperative or internship work assignment are eligible to compete.
- Although there are no restrictions on the geographical location of the school, all members of a given team must be from the same school.
- A student may not be a member of more than one team for any competition.
- A faculty member is permitted to advise more than one team. —Posted 5/2/2005
- All international students must submit a valid passport number when requesting invitation letters from ACI; only preregistered teams with accurate passport numbers will receive an invitation letter.
- Final participation is only allowed pending FBI clearing and verification.
- Accurate spelling of all team members' names and faculty advisor's name must be verified before submitting the advance registration forms.
- Visa letters will only be created once, that information is taken directly from advance registration forms.
- Invitation letters will be sent via email only, we are not at liberty to fax anything to the U.S. embassies or to airmail them to you.
- Accurate email addresses are required for faculty advisors, teams without them will be disqualified and will not receive an invitation letter.
- Registration and requests for invitation letters MUST be done by the faculty advisor for each student team.
- All registrations that are submitted by students will be deemed null and void. —Posted 5/2/2005
- ACI will not accept specimens in advance. All teams wishing to participate must hand deliver their specimens directly to the competition location. The individual bringing the specimen does not have to be a team member. —Posted 5/2/2005
- The United States Treasury Department enforces through its Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulations regarding transactions between U.S. and Iranian companies, universities, and individuals. Based on ACI's review of these regulations, Iranian students are currently not eligible to participate in the ACI Student Competitions. While, these regulations are ambiguous, clarification of the regulations has been requested. As of September 23, 2005, the Department of Treasury has not made a determination on ACI's inquiry. Substantial financial penalties for violating these regulations could be assessed unless a favorable ruling is received, Iranian students will not be eligible to participate in any ACI student competitions pending resolution of this inquiry. We sincerely regret having to take this position and will post more information to this page immediately if anything changes. It is our hope that the U.S. Treasury Department will issue a favorable interpretation and that Iranian teams will be eligible to participate in future ACI student competitions. —Updated 09/30/2005
- Verification of Team Member and/or Advisor Team members must provide proof of their student status. A statement should be provided by one of the school officials on university/school letterhead. Please fax or email to ACI Headquarters on/or before the advanced registration deadline.
- Response to Inquiries: before sending any inquiries related to the competition, students are asked to:
- carefully read and study the rules
- discuss any questions with his/her team advisor.
Questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Questions will then be answered and posted weekly on the web. The questions will not be addressed if found that answers either reside in the competition rules or their answers are already posted on the ACI website. In fairness to all teams, individual responses to technical questions will not be provided.
For technical questions regarding a competition, visit the FAQ page of that competition one week after you send the question for replies.
Supplemental Compensation, Recognition, and Awards:
To maintain a level playing field; and in the spirit of the ACI student competitions, no supplemental compensation outside of the ACI monetary and certificate awards received at the competition may be received by the faculty advisor, team members, or university of any team participating in the student competitions. This includes both monetary and non-monetary compensation or perks. Examples include but are not limited to faculty bonus or stipends, student scholarships or fellowships, or waivers for military duty. A meal or banquet to recognize the student chapter at the home university is not considered supplemental compensation. If it is determined that a faculty advisor, team member, student chapter, or university has received any supplemental compensation directly or indirectly related to the ACI student competitions, the university will be banned from competing in ACI student competitions for 10 years. If you have a specific question regarding what is or is not considered supplementary compensation, the specific case should be directed to the chair of ACI S801 for review and clarification.
Student Competition Questions
American Concrete Institute
38800 Country Club Drive
Farmington Hills, MI 48331