Entries and Eligibility
2024 Call for Entries is Open
The Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards honors exceptional concrete construction from around the world. Projects are recognized for the degree of innovation, complexity, achievement, and value that concrete as a material provided.
Recently completed and nominated concrete projects are juried by an independent panel of industry professionals for first- and second-place category awards. Only one project will stand out by receiving the overall Excellence Award on Monday evening during the fall ACI Concrete Convention.
Submission deadline is April 29, 2024.
Submit your project by paying a non-refundable $500 nomination fee. Nomination fee will be waived for projects nominated by an ACI Chapters or International Partner.
The nominated project must consist of new construction substantially completed within 36 months of the submission deadline.
Nominations are accepted in the following categories:*
- Low-Rise Structures: Buildings up to three stories residential (multi-family and houses), school, commercial, warehouse and industrial, etc.
- Mid-Rise Structures: Buildings four to fifteen stories
- High-Rise Structures: Buildings more than fifteen stories
- Bridges: a structure carrying a road, path, railroad, or canal across a river, ravine, road, railroad, or other obstacle
- Decorative: Decorative or architectural feature or element such as exterior or interior finishes, hardscapes, ornamentation, stained, stamped, or polished concrete, art installations, etc.
- Flatwork: Pavements, parking lots, runways, commercial/industrial floors, etc.
- Infrastructure: Basic facilities or systems serving a region or community, such as recreation, site, water, marine structures, etc.
- Repair and Restoration: overlays, rehabilitation, remodel, retrofitting, etc.
*ACI reserves the right to recategorize project nominations.
- Only online nomination application forms will be accepted.
- Entry must be a new construction substantially completed within 36 months of the submission deadline.
- Entry must highlight innovative use of concrete as a main principal construction element.
- Entry must demonstrate creativity and innovation in the application of concrete technology.
- A project can only be nominated in one category.
- A minimum of four photos are required per nomination. Nomination may include a 90-second time lapse video. No animations will be accepted (photographs only). Concrete as well as the construction process should be featured a majority of the photos.
- A winner at the international level may not be nominated a second year, unless it is in a different category.
Judging is conducted by a panel of qualified concrete and construction professionals with technical expertise in each award category, as well as domestic and international project experience. Nominated projects will be judged on the following:
- Architectural merit
- Engineering merit
- Innovative construction techniques or solutions
- Innovative use of materials
- Sustainability and resilience
- Functionality and end-use suitability
Provide a detailed project description in 300 words or fewer. You must include: project completion date, project size (dimensions, area, span), concrete quantity (volume area tonnage), and construction work duration. This information will be judged and used in program and communication materials.
IMPORTANT: the information you provide will be published exactly as entered. ACI is not responsible for errors and omissions made by the project’s representative.
Provide a 500-word (or fewer) description of how concrete was featured in the project. It should also cover the complexity and uniqueness of the project and should include information such as:
- Special features
- Degree of difficulty
- Project challenges
- Problem solving
- Ecological and environmental factors
Submit Your Project
To submit your project to the ACI Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards, go to:
Questions? Contact Esther Beery at Esther.Beery@concrete.org for application details.
View an award winning entry.