ACI educational publications use ACI technical documents as a basis, supplementing them as necessary, to produce documents that are intended for a wider audience.
The documents are vetted by the educational committee, reviewed for conflicts with related technical committee documents, and finally reviewed and approved by the ACI Educational Activities Committee.
The ACI educational committees produce a variety of documents.
- Committee E701, Materials for Concrete Construction, produces the free series that includes: (E1) aggregates, (E2) reinforcement, (E3) cementitious materials, (E4) chemical admixtures.
- Committee E702, Designing Concrete Structures, produces several free design examples.
- Committee E703, Concrete Construction Practices, produces CCS-1, Slabs-On-Ground and CCS-4, Shotcrete for the Craftsman, which are used as the basis for ACI Certification programs on these topics. Additionally, they produce The Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction, which is recommended reading for several state contractor licensing exams and one of ACI’s best-selling documents.
- Committee E706, Concrete Repair Education, produces 14 free documents on repair application procedures.
- Committee E905, Training Programs, produces the Adhesive Anchor Installer Workbook (CP-80) and the companion DVD.
Several ACI educational documents are also available in Spanish.