Job Openings at ACI
At ACI, we’ve assembled an accomplished and experienced team who bring years of unique experience and expertise to carry out its mission.
We recognize that it is the staff who play an integral part in the success of our organization; many of them are on the front lines each day interacting with our dedicated group of members and customers.
ACI, one of Crain’s 2017 Cool Places to Work, believes that a friendly work environment and the sharing of knowledge makes our organization a great place to work. We also offer a competitive pay and benefits package, flex time, and training & development opportunities.
Qualified candidates, please send your résumé and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a passion for planning and managing events? Are you interested in working in a positive, friendly team environment? If so, we’re interested in hearing from you.
We are looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual to plan and manage the successful execution of in-house meetings, seminars, and other small meetings such as 1 or 2-day events. This person may organize and plan more complex conventions, conferences, and special events. Planning and organizing these events includes but is not limited to: communicating with suppliers, staff, members, and attendees; coordinating AV arrangements; arranging speakers when necessary; budgeting, contracts and billing reconciliation; food & beverage; registrations; scheduling; signage development; and packing and shipping program materials when required.
This position requires a 4-year degree in Event/Hospitality Management, Public Relations, Marketing, Communication or similar, and 2+ years of relevant event experience. This position also requires excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and HTML.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Thrives in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with diverse group of individuals
- Ability to solve problems using logic and creativity in short periods of time
- Flexibility to last-minute additions and changes
- Adaptable to changing situations in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet deadlines
The position will require travel.
Customer Service Representative
The customer service representative is responsible for providing assistance via phone, e-mail, website, and face-to-face interactions regarding products, services, and programs.
The customer service representative will handle department-specific requests from members and customers. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Processing renewal membership applications
- Generating and mailing proforma renewal notices
- Processing product orders and payments
- Maintaining customer records in database
- Handling customer product returns and billing corrections
- Researching customer inquiries and problems and taking appropriate action
- Answering live chat inquiries
- Preparing publication quotes
- Working at the Reception Desk: greeting visitors, answering telephone, following and adhering to visitor policy
- Running various reports
- Data entry and filing
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience
- Basic accounting skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and database programs
- Ability to write and speak using proper grammar and syntax
- Able to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new projects and tasks, as necessary
- Ability to effectively communicate with members and customers via telephone, e-mail, fax, or within web applications in order to understand and meet their needs
- Capability to diffuse heightened customer emotions, create rapport, and manage the customer through the complaint resolution process
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data
- Foreign language skills would be beneficial