This is a recorded webinar from August 7, 2018.
This recorded webinar will discuss basics of pH and define the alkalinity levels of healthy concrete slabs. It will discuss the test method for measuring pH of concrete in accordance with ASTM F 710, “Standard Practice for Preparing Concrete Floors to Received Resilient Flooring,” and its draw backs. The presentation will review whether current pH testing methodologies typically conducted during the pre-flooring installation of the project provide reliable results, and discuss the newly published pH test method by ACI 364.17T-18 TechNote, “How to Measure pH of a Concrete Surface Prior to Installation of a Floor Covering.” The published pH tolerance values of adhesives for vinyl flooring, - in the product technical data sheets, and manufacturer warranties will be presented. A few case studies will be discussed.
Table of Contents
1. Explain the basics of pH and pH levels of concrete at various stages of its life.
2. Determine the upper pH limits for the adhesives and/or coatings specified in the design/construction project from technical data sheets and manufacturer warranties.
3. Examine whether current pH testing methodologies referenced in project specifications and contract documents provide correct test results.
4. Describe the implications and consequences of exceeding the pH tolerances of adhesives.
5. List the key points of ACI’s Technote, “How to Determine pH of Concrete Surface prior to Installation of Flooring”.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).