Webinar recording from February 4, 2014. The presentation provides knowledge on testing large-scale reinforced concrete structural elements and sub-assemblies under slowly applied simulated seismic loads. The tests are typically conducted in structures laboratories equipped with appropriate actuators and/or hydraulic devices for loading, and instrumentation and data acquisition systems for data collection. Generalized guidelines are presented for such testing to assess the seismic performance of elements and subassemblies for use in performance-based earthquake engineering and design. Therefore, the emphasis is placed on the performance of structural test elements as it relates to the performance objectives used in design.
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Access Period: 30 days
Table of Contents
1. Understanding of performance levels for seismic design and their relationships to the structural performance of reinforced concrete elements and subassemblies.
2. Design and construction of test specimens with appropriate boundary conditions, as well as strength and stiffness characteristics, so that they represent correctly the conditions of the corresponding elements in the actual structure.
3. Selection of loading history for simulating two-dimensional (unidirectional) and three-dimensional (bi-directional) seismic effects.
4. Instrumentation of test specimens for deformation measurements, which include measurements for strains, displacements, rotations and distortions.
5. Reporting of test observations and results that can be correlated with seismic performance levels.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).