Table of Contents
OVERALL COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
1. Explain the role of concrete ingredients in final product for material performance.
2. Explain the value of foundations and formwork in the stability and safety of a building.
3. Identify various types of detailing work and their requirements.
4. Evaluate concreting plans by determining their suitability to given conditions.
5. Develop a quality and safety plan to mitigate common field problems.
Module 1: Concrete Mixture (ingredients, mixture design, quality, specification)
Week 1: Chapter 2—The Concrete Mixture
Week 2: Chapter 3—The Concrete Specification
Module 2: Foundations and Formwork
Week 3: Chapter 4—Foundations
Week 4: Chapter 5—Formwork
Module 3: Detailing
Week 5: Chapter 6—Reinforcement in Structures
Week 6: Chapter 7—Joints and Embedments in Structures
Week 7: Chapter 8—Joints and Reinforcement for Slabs-on-Ground
Module 4: Concrete Construction
Week 8: Chapter 10—Preparing for Concreting
Week 9: Chapter 11—Concrete Placement and Finishing
Module 5: Quality and Safety
Week 10: Chapter 1—Safety
Week 11: Chapter 9—Planning for Quality
Week 12: Chapter 12—Common field problems – Cause and Prevention