The contents of this course include six TechNote publications:
• Use of Hydrodemolition for Concrete Removal in Unbonded Post-Tensioned Systems
• Evaluation and Minimization of Bruising (Microcracking) In Concrete Repair
• Concrete Removal in Repairs Involving Corroded Reinforcing Steel
• Treatment of Exposed Epoxy-Coated Reinforcement in Repair
• Increasing Shear Capacity Within Existing Reinforced Concrete Structures
• Determining the Load Capacity of a Structure When As-Built Drawings are Unavailable
INSTRUCTIONS: Read and study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Approved by AIA
Access Period: 30 days
Table of Contents
1. Understand the importance of treating epoxy-coated steel before completing a surface repair;
2. Define “bruising” in concrete and recognize how to evaluate and minimize this condition during the concrete removal process;
3. Evaluate the appropriateness of hydrodemolition for concrete removal in post-tensioned systems; and
4. Recognize various techniques available for shear strengthening of existing reinforced concrete structures.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).