The contents of this course include two recorded presentations from the ACI 2015 Fall Convention:
• Want Low Cost, Sustainable, Longer Lasting Concrete Bridge Decks and Repairs? Then Try Internal Curing by Jason Weiss, Professor, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
• Self-Annealing Concrete: Powered by the Retained Heat of Hydration by Romeo Ciuperca, President, Greencraft LLC, Norcross, GA
INSTRUCTIONS: Read and study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Access Period: 30 days
Table of Contents
1. Explain the differences in performance of reinforced concrete bridge decks using concrete with internal curing properties compared to concrete with little or no internal curing properties
2. Develop a plan to change a normal concrete bridge deck mixture into a mixture that has vastly improved internal curing capabilities
3. Summarize the positive attributes that self-annealing concrete can potentially provide over normal portland cement concrete placed in conventionally.
4. Explain the expected heat of hydration trends in self-annealing concrete over 24 hours, 7 days, and 90 days.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).