The contents of this course include six recorded presentations by Trey Hamilton PhD, PE, Senior Engineer at the American Concrete Institute
• MNL 17 Design Handbook Introduction and Overview
• Concrete Materials and Durability
• Slab and Beam Design
• Retaining Wall Design
• Retaining Wall Design
• 318 Plus and MNL 17
• INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.20 CEU (equivalent to 2.00 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.20 CEU (2.00 PDH)
Approved AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
The ACI Reinforced Concrete Design Handbook is intended to provide assistance to professionals engaged in the design of reinforced concrete buildings and related structures and is neither a part of nor an official interpretation of the Code by ACI Committee 318. In cases of conflict, the Code governs.
ACI committee documents are intended for the use of individuals who are competent to evaluate the significance and limitations of its content and recommendations and who will accept responsibility for the application of the material it contains.
Table of Contents
1. Explain the organization and structure of the Design Handbook as well as navigating the various parts of the Handbook;
2. Describe the history of the document and summarize the most recent updates to the Design Handbook for ACI 318-19;
3. Describe MNL17(21) examples that illustrate a few of the changes in ACI 318-19;
4. Create an interaction diagram using the free excel download;
5. Describe the layout of each chapter of the Design Handbook including the front matter and the example problems;
6. Give examples of how the Design Handbook is integrated with ACI 318 PLUS and how to access the Design Handbook examples directly from specific provisions in ACI 318-19.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).