The contents of this course include three recorded presentations from the ACI 2012 Fall Convention and ACI 2016 Fall Convention:
• Dramatic Global Examples of Form Inspiring Function by James Baty
• Evolution of Form Sets Sights on the New "Box" by Kimberly Kramer
• Crane Selection by Scott Hosking
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 180 days
This course is included in the Fundamentals of Concrete Construction Certificate Program. Completion of all courses in an ACI University Certificate Program will earn you a program certificate and digital badge. For more details, visit ACI University Certificate Programs.
Table of Contents
1. Recognize the artistic and aesthetic potential for tilt-up through evidence of existing structures, including their unique architectural concrete finishes.
2. Identify the unique and inherent characteristics of modern tilt-up that enable it to be a problem-solving method of construction for complex structures and programs.
3. Explain the pros and cons of various construction cranes used to form, cast, handle, lift, and place precast concrete panels using tilt-up construction.
4. Describe the information that is provided in precast panel drawing plans, and lift and bracing plans for the tilt-up panel construction.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).