The contents of this course include 8 recorded presentations from the ACI 2022 Spring Convention:
1. Advances in Steelmaking; Jacob Selzer, Commercial Metals Company
2. Mechanical Properties and Features of Black Carbon Steel; George Miljus, Nucor Steel Corporation
3. Advancements in Stainless Steel, Kristofer Lark, North American Stainless
4. Advancements in Steel Production and the Mechanical Properties of Low-Carbon Chromium Steel "ChromX"; Salem Faza, Commercial Metals Company
5. Advantages of Using Steel Reinforcement; Danielle Kleinhans, CRSI
6. Stainless Steel Rebar - Properties and Applications; Richard Huza, Salit Specialty Rebar
7. Properties and Features of Coated Corrosion Resistant Reinforcement; Mike Stroia, EIG of CRSI
8. 21st Century Steel Reinforcement: Simply Superior; Pete Fosnough, EIG of CRSI
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.15 CEU (equivalent to 1.5 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.15 CEU (1.5 PDH)
Approved AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
This course targets the current generation of engineers and technicians working in the reinforced concrete industry in the role as a specifier, designer, fabricator, installer, or in quality assurance. The objective of this course is to provide awareness to engineers and technicians of the effectiveness and simplicity of using steel reinforcement. Topics to be covered include the long successful track record of using steel reinforcement; advancements in steel making; the types of steel reinforcement; the applications, mechanical properties, and their long-term sustainability; the simplicity, effectiveness, and efficiency of the design of steel reinforcing; the benefits and features of steel reinforcing bars; the safety features of using steel reinforcing; the durability of steel reinforcing in terms of resistance to degradation and corrosion; transparency regarding material traceability; and nonproprietary material composition.
Author: Selzer, Miljus, Lark
Publication Year: 2023
Categories: Corrosion, Reinforcement, Sustainability
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
• Review the long successful track record of using of steel reinforcement and recent innovations in steel making.
• Identify the various types of steel reinforcement products and their applications.
• Explain the various mechanical properties of steel reinforcement and their long-term sustainability.
• Discuss the design simplicity, effectiveness, efficiency, benefits, and features of steel reinforcement including safety and durability.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).