The contents of this course include four recorded presentations from the ACI 2021 Fall Virtual Convention.
• Section Loss Determination of Damaged or Corroded Reinforcing Bars (364.14T), by Pawan Gupta, Pcubed Associates Inc.
• Pull-Off Test for Quality Assurance and Bond Performance (FAQ 26/364.T), by Marjorie Lynch, Jensen Hughes
• Cracks in Repair (364.9T), by Ali Abu-Yosef, Pivot Engineers
• Significance of Shrinkage-Compensating and Non-Shrink Labels on Packaged Repair Material (364.15T), by Benoit Bissonnette, Laval University
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1.0 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
The TechNotes produced by ACI Committee 364 cover important aspects of concrete rehabilitation programs, ranging from the initial stages of evaluation, to designing and implementing durable repairs that achieve a long service life.
Author: Gupta, Lynch, Abu-Yosef, Bissonnette
Publication Year: 2022
Categories: Design, Repair, Sustainability
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
1. Identify important concrete repair material properties related to shrinkage, bond strength and testing to assure durable repairs.
2. Describe how to accurately establish reduced cross-sectional area of reinforcing to assess reduced load-carrying capacity of members.
3. Name key techniques for preparing concrete substrates and conditioning surfaces to improve bond and ensure long service life.
4. State properties and components of shrinkage-compensating concrete.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).