The contents of this course include three recorded presentations from the ACI 2016 Spring Convention:
• Section 9—Post-Tensioned Concrete by Miroslav F. Vejvoda, Post-Tensioning Institute
• Section 10—Shrinkage Compensating Concrete for Interior Slabs and Section 11—Industrial Floor Slabs by Scott M. Tarr, North Starr Concrete Consulting
• Section 12—Precast Structural Concrete and Section 13—Precast Architectural Concrete by Jason P. Bray, Walter P. Moore & Associates, Inc.
• New Business: What’s Next for ACI 301 by Michelle L. Wilson, Portland Cement Association
INSTRUCTIONS: Read and study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
This course covers the major changes in ACI 301-16 Sections 9, 10, 11, 13, and 14 (Post-Tensioned Concrete; Shrinkage-Compensating Concrete (SCC) for Interior Slabs; Industrial Floor Slabs; Precast Structural Concrete; and Precast Architectural Concrete).
Important changes explained in this course include: (1) vast changes in field qualification requirements for field installation personnel and supervisory personnel for both grouted and nongrouted strand post-tensioning concrete construction; (2) more clarification of tests showing SCC compatibility with concrete mixture materials that may change dosages of admixtures or cementitious materials; (3) more clearly defined placement requirements of welded wire reinforcement in industrial floor slabs; and (4) more clarification on acceptance of precast architectural concrete with use of mockup panels.
Publication Year: 2016
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
1. Describe important changes made in the post-tensioning concrete section of ACI 301-16 regarding qualification requirements for field personnel that install post-tensioning concrete with either bonded or unbonded strands.
2. Explain the effect of new testing requirements for concrete mixtures specified with shrink-compensating concrete (SCC).
3. Explain new industrial floor slab reinforcement requirements in ACI 301-16 regarding welded wire reinforcement and fiber reinforcement.
4. Recall the significant changes made in ACI 301-16 regarding specifying structural and architectural precast concrete, including more clearly defined precast concrete final acceptance criteria.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).