The contents of this course include three recorded presentations from the ACI 2016 Spring Convention:
• Welcome and Introduction to 301-16 by James Cornell, The Beck Group
• Section 1—General Requirements by Steven Jaycox, Testing Lab Inc.
• Section 2—Formwork/Accessories and Section 3—Reinforcement/Supports by Daniel Toon, United Forming, Inc.
INSTRUCTIONS: Read and study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
This course provides an introduction and an overview on the changes made to ACI 301-16 and the reasons for the changes. ACI 301-16 includes several new provisions and updates that better align with recent industry research and accepted practices. The document has been updated to remove redundancies, and to ensure that all provisions are in mandatory language.
This course starts with an in-depth introduction and then continues to describe the changes and clarifications to the first three sections of ACI 301-16. ACI 301-16 Section 1, General Requirements, includes changes and clarifications to general items such as the type of concrete elements that are within the scope of the specification and clearer direction on how to read and interpret the mandatory language of the code. Section 2, Formwork, and Section 3, Reinforcement, describe specific changes and clarifications regarding reshoring and backshoring formwork, installing and removing post-tensioning formwork, instructions to support certain welded wire reinforcement, and limitations on field bending execution.
Publication Year: 2016
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
1. Explain how the specifier and the contractor can interpret and work with the changes in the ACI 301-16 document.
2. Explain the type of concrete elements that are within the scope of the ACI 301-16 document and which concrete elements are out of scope of this specification.
3. Describe the new formwork specification changes regarding setting and removing reshoring and backshoring formwork and post-tensioning formwork.
4. Compare the changes between ACI 301-10 and ACI 301-16 regarding placing welded wire reinforcement.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).