The contents of this course include 4 recorded presentations from the ACI 2021 Fall Convention:
1. Practical Evaluation Methods for the Performance of SCC Mixtures; Terry Harris, GCP Applied Technologies
2. SCC Lessons Learned the Hard Way; Samuel Keske, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
3. Implementation of SCC for a New Nuclear Project; Boris Haranki, Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC
4. Case Study of an SCC Project; Stacia Van Zetten, EXACT Technology Corporation
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.2 CEU (equivalent to .0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.2 CEU (2.0 PDH)
Approved AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
Table of Contents
• Discuss how to develop a performance and material criteria, including slump flow, strength, air content, coarse and fine aggregate properties, placing methods, formed finishes, and test methods to successfully place SCC
• Explain SCC practical placing guidelines to avoid unwanted segregation and result in consistent, high quality finished concrete
• Discuss common methods to perform inspections and evaluation methods on SCC projects to make consistent exposed concrete finishes that minimizes blemishes
• Recall case studies that show placement of SCC concrete for architectural concrete, mass concrete, core walls for high rise buildings and how mockups and other testing methods were used to improve SCC performance
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).