The contents of this course include three recorded presentations from the ACI 2015 Fall Convention:
• Threshold Values in Concrete—A Look Back and Ahead by Ueli M. Angst, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
• Confusion on Chloride Limits in Specifications that Challenge the Industry by Colin L. Lobo, National Ready Mixed Concrete Association
• Examining Factors that Influence Service Life Model Predictions by W. Jason Weiss, Oregon State University
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
Table of Contents
1. Describe variances in chloride limits used by ACI and other international standards organizations.
2. Identify factors known to influence chloride thresholds in concrete.
3. Apply current research on chloride thresholds and effects of chloride concentration versus temperature for concrete containing supplementary cementitious materials (SCMs).
4. Describe the effects of differing concentrations of soluble calcium chlorides with Type I cement concrete and temperature changes.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).