The contents of this course include three recorded presentations from the ACI 2015 Fall Convention in Denver, CO:
• Fine Limestone Additions to Improve the Performance of (High Volume Fly Ash) Concretes by Dale Bentz
• Utilization of Crushed Stone Mineral Filler (Microfines) in Ready Mixed Concrete by Teck L. Chua
• Sulfate Resistance of Concrete Produced with Portland-Limestone Cements (PLC) and Supplementary Cementitious Materials by R. Doug Hooton
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Access Period: 30 days
Table of Contents
1. Explain sustainability opportunities by replacing portions of portland cement with ground limestone and mineral filler in concrete mixtures.
2. Describe properties of concrete produced with ground limestone, mineral filler, when added to blended portland cement with supplementary cementitious materials, such as fly ash, slag, metakaolin, and silica fume.
3. Develop and evaluate mixture proportions incorporating ground limestone or mineral filler materials to achieve usable concrete strength.
4. Describe the durability properties with regards to sulfate attack and thaumasite sulfate attack on concrete produced with ground limestone or mineral filler added to either portland cement or blended portland cement with an SCM.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).