The contents of this course include three recorded presentations from the ACI 2015 Spring Convention:
• Overview of Problems with Deicer Scaling Test Methods by R. Doug Hooton
• Effectiveness of Early Application of Penetrating Sealants by Daniel M. Vruno
• A New Look at an Old Problem: Reexamining the Saltwater Phase Diagrams to Better Describe Concrete Durability by W. Jason Weiss
INSTRUCTIONS: Read and study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
Table of Contents
1. Summarize recent technical information related to concrete durability and deicers;
2. Discuss how deicers present challenges to existing standardized test methodologies for scaling resistance;
3. Describe deterioration mechanisms associated with deicers; and
4. Describe how deicers affect the durability of joints in pavements.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).