This course is based on two recorded presentations from the ACI Spring 2015 Convention in Kansas City, MO
• Development of Ternary OPC/FA/SF Binder System for Bridge Decks Concrete by Jan Olek
• Durability for 100 Years on the Shanghai East Sea Bridge: Ternary and Quaternary Blends by Robert Lewis
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Access Period: 30 days
Table of Contents
1. Explain the synergistic effects of using multiple Supplementary Cementitious Materials (SCMs) in a concrete mixture.
2. Recall methodologies for evaluating ternary and quaternary blends of materials for use in concrete.
3. Describe considerations for construction using ternary and quaternary blends of materials in concrete.
4. Identify approaches to specifying ternary and quaternary blends of materials for use in concrete.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).