Committee Mission: Develop and report information on Alternate Cements for use in concrete.
Goals: • Determine a name for these cements other than Alternative Cements. The term “alternative” by itself limits adoption and it is not descriptive. Assuming a different name is decided upon, the committee name will likely need to be changed.
• Define the distinction between alternative cements and alternative supplementary cementitious materials
• Develop a more in-depth state-of-the-art report based on the ITG Final Report and Practitioners Guide
• Develop TechNotes on each individual AC technology
• Assemble additional case studies; serve as the clearinghouse for disseminating information on AC use world-wide
• Interface with the SC ATI to facilitate development of necessary specifications and tests
• Develop a performance-based guide specification for ACs
Upcoming Open Meetings:
ACI Spring Convention 2018 - 3/27/2018 12:00 PM-2:00 PM - LA-Grand Ballroom B, Salt Lake City, UT