This is a recorded webinar from February 6.
Ethics is an often misunderstood but critical part of successfully practicing structural engineering. A solid understanding of ethical principles is as vital to a successful career as technical knowledge. Unfortunately, in recent years an emphasis on technical skills has forced the topic of ethics into a secondary role where it is seldom discussed, emphasized, or enforced. The purpose of this session is to acquaint the participant with the Canons of, and the application of, the Code of Ethics. Eight tips will be provided to help assess ethical problems and determine when corrective action is required and how to accomplish it.
Table of Contents
1. Explain the Fundamental Purpose and Principles of the Code of Ethics.
2. List the Tenets of the Code of Ethics and how can be applied in practice.
3. Describe two key foundational tips to build a solid ethical foundation.
4. List six powerful tips to improve your ethical IQ and skillfully handle ethical problems with confidence.
5. Describe the two important truths of living an ethical professional life.
6. Identify useful resources to aid in ethical decision making.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).