DATE: January 7, 2020
TIME: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm EST
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1.0 PDH)
Approved AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
CEU (PDH) REQUIREMENTS:
To earn CEU (PDH) credit, individuals must purchase the webinar and attend the live webinar for the entire duration (or pass the quiz available after the webinar).
Detailed Webinar Instructions
Explore the benefits of using different supplementary cementitious materials (SCM) in your mix design. Attendees will leave the presentation with a clearer understanding of how slag cement and other SCM’s enhance concrete, making it more durable, stronger, less permeable, and more sustainable. Additionally, the session will explore slag cement’s effect on slump, workability and its enhanced finishing properties. The session will also highlight case study projects that have utilized slag cement and how it has elevated concrete performance when in combination with other cementitious materials.
Table of Contents
1. Identify and explain the short term and long term strength gains associated with the use of supplementary cementitious materials and their effect on the durability of concrete.
2. Analyze case studies and be able to explain the practical ways in which slag cement in combination with other cementitious materials can elevate the performance of concrete.
3. Explain how slag cement produces less permeable concrete.
4. Describe and explain the benefits of using slag cement in reference to workability, slump and finishing properties and how it compares to other materials.
5. Identify the sustainable benefits of slag cement and the resources SCA has to test the different effects of mix design.
6. Describe what is included in the ACI 233R-17 Guide to the Use of Slag Cement in Concrete and Mortar, and how to navigate the document for future slag cement related questions they may have.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).