DATE: September 18, 2019
TIME: 9:00 am to 10:30 am EDT
Continuing Education Credit: 0.15 CEU (1.5 PDH)
Approved AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
CEU (PDH) REQUIREMENTS:
To earn CEU (PDH) credit, individuals must purchase the webinar and attend the live webinar for the entire duration (or pass the quiz available after the webinar).
Detailed Webinar Instructions
The ACI 562 Code for Assessment, Repair, and Rehabilitation of Existing Concrete Structures (ACI 562-19) was developed to provide design professionals a code for the repair of existing concrete structures. Developed in response to the needs of design professionals involved in repair of existing structures, ACI 562-19 includes specific provisions for:
• Assessment of existing concrete structures;
• Load and resistance factors for assessment and repair design;
• Design of repairs;
• Durability requirements; and
• Quality assurance.
ACI 562-19 was developed to be performance-based (in contrast to prescriptive) to provide design professional the maximum amount of flexibility in developing repair solutions. The document’s extensive commentary, including a comprehensive list of references, provides further guidance to design professionals using the code. The presentation will describe the development of ACI 562, the relationship of ACI 562 with other building codes and focus on use of the repair code on typical concrete repair projects.
Table of Contents
• Review the ACI 562-19 Standard including motivation for the development of the repair code
• Illustrate significant changes in the ACI 562-19 edition and the reasons behind them
• Summarize critical concepts contained in Chapters 1 and 4 (Appen. A)
• Summarize critical sections of Chapter 6, 7 and 8
• Recognize the need for use and adoption of ACI 562
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).