DATE: December 12, 2018
TIME: 9:00 am to 10:00 am EST
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1.0 PDH)
Approved by AIA (LU/HSW) and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
CEU (PDH) REQUIREMENTS:
To earn CEU (PDH) credit, individuals must purchase the webinar and attend the live webinar for the entire duration (or pass the quiz available after the webinar).
Detailed Webinar Instructions
This presentation will introduce the ACI 562-16, “Code Requirements for Assessment, Repair, and Rehabilitation of Existing Concrete Structures and Commentary.” This is the first U.S. code produced specifically for the repair of reinforced concrete. A new guide document for the code with additional information and project examples that help users interpret the code requirements will also be highlighted. Topics covered in this presentation will include:
• Why a repair code is needed
• The philosophy behind ACI 562
• How the code promotes consistency in repair design
• Recognizing repair construction challenges
• Significance of a quality assurance program for successful repairs
• How the code can save the owner money
Table of Contents
1. The objective of a concrete repair code is to produce a document that provides uniform set of requirements that is flexible and addresses the overall repair issues such as conventional reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, or fiber reinforced polymer repair methods.
2. Determine what design code should be implemented for the assessment and repair or strengthening of an existing structure.
3. Understand how to evaluation and determine if a structure is in compliance with the original design code and if it is safe.
4. Ensure that new members added and their connections to an existing structure are based on the current building code.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).