INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in each module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.2 CEU / 2 PDH for each module (total 1 CEU / 10 PDH).
Total Continuing Education Credit: 1 CEU (10 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 180 days
This course will guide you through the chapters of ACI’s Manual of Concrete Inspection (MNL-2) (sold separately) and help prepare you for the ACI Concrete Construction Special Inspector Certification Exam. The course includes five modules that contain recorded presentations, practice quizzes, and a final quiz. Performance and written exams through a Local Sponsoring Group are required to become ACI Certified.
This course includes the following modules:
• Inspection and the Inspector/Inspection reports
• Statistical Concepts for Quality Assurance
• Inspection and Testing of Materials
• Handling and Storage of Materials
• Fundamentals of Concrete
• Proportioning and Control of Concrete Mixtures
• Batching and Mixing
• Inspection Before Concreting
• Concreting Operations
• Form Removal Reshoring Curing and Protection
• Postconstruction Inspection of Concrete
• Slabs for Buildings
• Pavement Slabs and Bridge Decks
• Architectural Concrete
• Special Concreting Methods
• Special Types of Concrete
• Precast and Prestressed Concrete
• Grout, Mortar, and Stucco
• Testing of Concrete / Records and Reports
Categories: Certification, Inspection
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
1. Understand what inspection is and why it’s needed.
2. Describe the role of inspectors and their duties.
3. Explain statistical concept and procedures.
4. Describe tests commonly employed to check properties of concrete making materials.
5. Identify material storage requirements.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).