The fifteenth edition of the classic text, Design of Concrete Structures, is completely revised using the newly released 2014 American Concrete Institute (ACI) Building Code. This new edition has the same dual objectives as the previous editions: first to establish a firm understanding of the behavior of structural concrete, then to develop proficiency in the methods used in current design practice.
NOTABLE NEW FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Every chapter has been updated to account for the reorganization of the 2014 American Concrete institute Building Code.
- A new chapter on anchoring to concrete is included.
- A chapter on walls has been added, doubling the coverage and adding design examples.
- Diaphragms are included for the first time.
- The process of developing building design and the connection between the chapters in the text and the ACI Code is added.
- Coverage of seismic design is updated.
- Also included is the modified compression field theory method of shear design presented in the 2012 edition of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials LRFD Bridge Design Specifications.
- Chapters on yield line and strip methods for slabs are moved to the text website.
Table of Contents
Design of Concrete Structures and Fundamental Assumptions
Flexural Analysis and Design of Beams
Shear and Diagonal Tension in Beams
Bond, Anchorage, and Development Length
Analysis and Design for Torsion
Analysis of Indeterminate Beams and Frames
Analysis and Design of One-Way Slabs
Analysis and Design of Two-Way Slabs
Footings and Foundations
Design of Reinforcement at Joints
Concrete Building Systems
Anchoring to Concrete
Yield Line Analysis for Slabs – Online Chapter
Strip Method for Slabs – Online Chapter
SI Conversion Factors Inch-Pound Units to SI Units