The contents of this course include six TechNote publications:
• Use of Hydrodemolition for Concrete Removal in Unbonded Post-Tensioned Systems
• Evaluation and Minimization of Bruising (Microcracking) In Concrete Repair
• Concrete Removal in Repairs Involving Corroded Reinforcing Steel
• Treatment of Exposed Epoxy-Coated Reinforcement in Repair
• Increasing Shear Capacity Within Existing Reinforced Concrete Structures
• Determining the Load Capacity of a Structure When As-Built Drawings are Unavailable
INSTRUCTIONS: Read and study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Approved by AIA
Access Period: 30 days
The publications included in this course address questions on how exposed epoxy-coated steel reinforcement is treated; should corroded reinforcing steel bar be undercut, how to minimize “bruising”; alternative options to increase the shear capacity of members in existing reinforced concrete structures; and more.
Publication Year: 2014
Categories: Post Tensioning, Repair
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
1. Understand the importance of treating epoxy-coated steel before completing a surface repair;
2. Define “bruising” in concrete and recognize how to evaluate and minimize this condition during the concrete removal process;
3. Evaluate the appropriateness of hydrodemolition for concrete removal in post-tensioned systems; and
4. Recognize various techniques available for shear strengthening of existing reinforced concrete structures.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).