The contents of this course include five recorded presentations from the ACI 2021 Spring Convention:
1. Cost Effective Load Testing for Systemwide Applications; Andrew Foden, WSP USA
2. Dynamic Testing of Stay Cables Subjected to Rain-Wind Induced Vibration, Joseph Klein, Pivot Engineers
3. Ultrasonic Coda Wave Monitoring During Structural Load Testing of Bridges; Thomas Schumacher, Thomas Schumacher
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1.0 PDH)
Approved AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
This session is intended for practitioners and researchers in the bridge design and bridge maintenance communities. The content will focus on case studies highlighting load testing and monitoring techniques for load rating and structural evaluation. Topics include cost-effective load testing procedures intended for system wide load rating, evaluation of structural dynamics and fatigue of stay cables concrete anchorage zones in stay cable bridge, and long-term ongoing monitoring for time dependent and temperature related deformations. Attendees should learn the scope of load testing for purposes of load rating and should recognize innovative techniques for evaluating in service bridges.
Author: Foden, Klein, Schumacher
Publication Year: 2023
Categories: Prestressed Concrete, Testing
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
• Discuss the value of load testing for purposes of load rating concrete bridge inventories.
• Describe innovative procedures for measuring structural response using visual-based methods.
• Explain the benefits of long-term monitoring the movement and deformations of concrete bridges while recognizing its challenges, including fatigue concerns with stay cable vibrations.
• Describe how field evaluation procedures may inform the use of and prove the efficacy of repair procedures performed on bridge elements.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).