The contents of this course include four recorded presentations from the ACI 2020 Spring Virtual Convention:
• Overview of Continuously Reinforced Concrete Pavements: Design, Construction, and Rehabilitation, by Shiraz Tayabji, Advanced Concrete Pavement Consultancy LLC
• Continuously Reinforced Concrete Pavement Performance in California, by Thomas Van Dam, Nichols Consulting Engineers
• CRCP Use and Performance, by Daniel Gancarz
• Recent Design Innovations for CRCP, by Jeffery Roesler, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.15 CEU (equivalent to 1.5 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.15 CEU (1.5 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
Continuously reinforced concrete pavements (CRCP) are heavy-duty pavements suitable for use in high-volume, heavy-truck traffic facilities and roadways. CRCP concrete roadways are increasingly being employed by a number of highway agencies because of their longer performance lives and lower maintenance requirements than other roadway concrete construction practices. This course will present information on the design, construction, and performance of CRCP, with an emphasis on key factors that contribute to their effective performance. The course will present survey results of performance of CRCP constructed roadways for California and Illinois DOTs. The information presented in this course will be of interest to design and construction engineers and others responsible for the management of highway pavement networks.
Author: Tayabji, Van Dam, Gancarz, Roesler
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
1. Describe important factors in the design and construction of continuously reinforced concrete pavements.
2. Explain the general performance capabilities of continuously reinforced concrete pavements in producing longer service life roadways.
3. Summarize the methods for maintaining and rehabilitating continuously reinforced concrete pavements.
4. Recall recent research, studies and innovations for continuously reinforced concrete pavements.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).