The contents of this course include two recorded presentations from the ACI 2020 Fall Convention:
• An Overview of Concrete Overlays by Peter Taylor, National Concrete Pavement Technology Center - email@example.com
• Mixtures and Materials for Overlays by Thomas Van Dam, Nichols Consulting Engineers - firstname.lastname@example.org
• INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.10 CEU (equivalent to 1.00 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.10 CEU (1.00 PDH)
Approved AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
Table of Contents
1. Detail various advantages of using bonded and unbonded concrete overlays to refurbish worn and deteriorated roadway alignments and extend their short-term and long-term service life. Advantages.
2. Discuss pre-overlay repair work and surface preparation work on existing deteriorated or undeteriorated pavements to enhance bonded and unbonded concrete overlay performance.
3. Summarize the process of selecting an unbonded or bonded overlay for a given application.
4. Describe goals of concrete pavement mixture design and importance of mixture proportions with aggregate gradation optimization and reduction of cementitious materials to improve workability and performance of concrete pavements and overlays.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).