The contents of this course include three recorded presentations from the ACI 2021 Spring Virtual Convention.
• Controlling Concrete Temperature in Concrete Repairs During Hot Weather, by Eric Van Dixhorn and Cameron Wilson, Nitrocrete
• Early Strength Pavement Repair in Hot Weather, by G Terry Harris, GCP Applied Technologies
• Full-Depth Repair and Rehabilitation of Pavements with Rapid Strength Concrete in Hot Weather, by Boris Stein, Twining Concrete Insight
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.15 CEU (equivalent to 1.5 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.15 CEU (1.5 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
Repairing concrete in hot weather requires planning to ensure a successful project. This course will assist contractors, material suppliers, and specifiers with practical information on planning, constructing, and designing successful concrete repairs in hot weather.
Author: Van Dixhorn, Harris, Stein
Publication Year: 2022
Categories: Cementitious Materials, Hot Weather, Repair
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
1. Describe hot weather conditions and planning concrete repairs in hot weather.
2. Explain keys to material selection when planning hot weather concrete repair.
3. Explain different curing and protecting concrete repairs in hot weather.
4. Describe value-added properties of using rapid strength concrete for concrete roadway pavement repairs.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).