The contents of this course include four recorded presentations from the ACI 2020 Fall Virtual Convention.
• Successful Concrete Repairs in Hot Weather Conditions, by Richard First, Masterbuilders Solutions Group
• Partial-Depth Repairs of a Runway Using Rapid-Set Cementitious Materials in Hot Weather Conditions, by William Squyres, Terracon Consultants
• Using Pre-Packaged Repair Mortars in High Temperature Conditions, by John Fauth, ChemMasters, Inc.
• Taking Advantage of Ready Mixed Concrete for Structural Repairs, by Fernando Buxo, Carrasquillo Services
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.15 CEU (equivalent to 1.5 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.15 CEU (1.5 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
Repairing concrete in hot weather requires planning to ensure a successful project. This course will assist contractors, material suppliers, and specifiers with practical information on planning, constructing, and designing successful concrete repairs in hot weather.
Author: First, Squyres, Fauth, Buxo
Publication Year: 2022
Categories: Cementitious Materials, Hot Weather, Repair
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
1. Describe hot weather conditions and planning concrete repairs in hot weather.
2. Recall material selection criteria when planning hot weather concrete repair and using pre-packaged concrete repair materials.
3. Describe methods for curing and protecting concrete repairs in hot weather.
4. Explain testing protocols for concrete repairs in hot weather.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).