The contents of this course include five recorded presentations from the ACI 2021 Spring Convention:
• Improving Construction Productivity: Constructable Design is Key; Cary Kopczynski, Cary Kopczynski & Company
• Concrete Constructability – A Practitioner Perspective; Oscar Antommattei, Kiewit Engineering Group Inc.
• ACI 318 PLUS and Communication to the Design Community; Michael Tholen, American Concrete Institute
• Constructability & Efficiency; Michael Schneider, Baker Concrete Construction, Inc.
• Productivity in the Concrete Industry– Integrated Project Delivery for Value-Driven Designs; Mario Garza, Barton Malow
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.2 CEU (equivalent to .0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.2 CEU (2.0 PDH)
Approved AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
Productivity in the U.S. construction industry has been flat for fifty years, while productivity of U.S. industry in general has nearly doubled in that same time frame. Why? And what can we ACI about it? This session will explore answers to these and other questions and will include presentations from designers and contractors offering their perspectives on how ACI can help confront this very important industry issue.
Author: Kopczynski, Antommattei, Tholen
Publication Year: 2022
Categories: Construction Practices, Design
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
1. Define constructability as it relates to concrete construction;
2. Review the causes leading to stagnated construction productivity over the last fifty years;
3. Describe the importance of constructability in construction productivity and the role that ACI documents play in improving it;
4. Explain why the solutions require that all industry stakeholders – owners, designers, contractors, and others – understand and embrace the problem.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).