The contents of this course include three recorded presentations from the ACI 2018 Spring Convention:
• Quality Metrics and Methods for Tracking, Trending, and Improving Concrete Construction, by John L. Hausfeld, Baker Concrete Construction, Inc.
• Pros and Cons of Various Basis Quality Standards in the Concrete Industry: From ISO to Lab Certification Programs, by Jinesh K. Mehta, Alta Vista Solutions, Inc.
• A Quality System That Pays: The Business Case for Developing a Quality Management System (QMS), by Samuel J. Lines, Concrete Sealants Inc.
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
The presentations in this course discuss the cost of quality, such as prevention costs, appraisal costs, and non-conformance failure costs, and ways to implement a quality management system. The presentations focus on the relevance of quality management systems that work for your company and particular projects. A relevant quality management plan should be written that provides a roadmap to your company’s continuous quality improvement. Choices in conformance to quality improvement, such as third-party audits, should be identified and practical. Also addressed are construction field quality control and inspection programs for control of work in precast concrete construction and self-consolidating concrete construction.
Author: Hausfeld, Mehta, Lines
Categories: Design, Inspection, Quality Assurance, Testing
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
1. Explain numerous quality costs, such as conformance costs and non-conformance costs, that affect the quality of concrete construction projects.
2. Discuss some important common stages of implementing an effective quality management program in an organization.
3. Discuss different quality control programs, such as ISO 9001, and the importance of relevant and scalable programs for your company and specific projects.
4. Recall that there is an optimal level of quality service that is the aim of maintaining an efficient level of quality control.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).