The contents of this course include two recorded presentations from the ACI 2018 Spring Convention:
• Introduction of The ACI 121 Audit Document, by Thomas G. Tyler, Skanska USA Civil Northeast
• Updating of the 121R-08, “Guide for Concrete Construction Quality Systems in Conformance with ISO 9001”, by James R. Turnham, Turnham Consultants Inc.
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.1 CEU (equivalent to 1.0 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.1 CEU (1 PDH)
Approved by AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
This course offers distinctly different aspects of quality management systems – the audit process, the initiation and implementation of a good quality management system, and brief overviews of numerous nationally accredited quality management systems.
An effective means of determining an organization’s commitment to quality management is an audit, whether the organization is involved in design, construction, inspection, testing, or other operations. This course discusses commonly employed quality management system audit programs through the interpretation and assistance of an ACI guide - ACI 121.1R-16 Guide to Quality Management Auditing in the Concrete Industry.
The course further discusses the difficult questions and decisions and different implementation phases that are demanded to initiate and implement a good quality management program in your organization; One that is best for your organization and fits the structure of your organization.
The course finishes with brief overviews of numerous nationally known quality management systems (QMS) in the concrete industry for organizations such as ISO 9001:2015, Baldridge National Quality Award, and many others. The course discusses the upcoming ACI 121R-19 document that provides types of QMS and focuses on devising plans that provide a roadmap to company improvement, as well as quality management that is relevant and scalable to a company’s needs. It further discusses project quality audits and compliance requirements.
Author: Tyler, Turnham
Categories: Design, Inspection, Quality Assurance, Testing
Formats: Online Learning
Table of Contents
1. Describe the audit procedure for typical quality management systems that concerns design/contract documents and construction quality practices.
2. Describe the QMS hierarchical model that establishes the quality policy in organizations.
3. Describe key common stages to successfully plan, initiate, and implement useful quality management systems that fit your organization’s quality control plan.
4. Recall different nationally known quality management systems used in the concrete industry for organizations, labs and plant facilities.
Any applicable errata are included with individual documents at the time of purchase. Errata are not included for collections or sets of documents such as the ACI Collection. For a listing of and access to all product errata, visit the
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).