The contents of this course include 4 recorded presentations from the ACI 2022 Fall Convention:
1. Relevance of ACI 117 Vertical Tolerances for Tall Structures and Their Application; Eric Peterson, Webcor Builders
2. Planning for the Control of Construction Tolerances and Deflections; Eamonn Connolly, James McHugh Construction Co.
3. Design Tolerance Reality - How Tight Can We Really Measure Anyway; William Paul, BKF Engineers, Inc.
4. Tolerances that Control Void Form Construction; James Cornell, JN Cornell Associates, LLC
INSTRUCTIONS: Study the materials included in this module. Then, complete and pass the corresponding 10-question quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive a certificate for 0.15 CEU (equivalent to 1.5 PDH). This online course is not approved for credit with the Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (CILB).
Continuing Education Credit: 0.15 CEU (1.5 PDH)
Approved AIA and ICC
Access Period: 30 days
Table of Contents
• Describe tolerances of vertical concrete elements, such as columns and walls, for multi-story buildings that are found in ACI 117 and AISC publications.
• Explain potential solutions to achieve a buildable facility, when current ACI 117 tolerances for multi-story structures are in conflict with other building systems such as elevators or exterior enclosure, or other architectural floor plan items.
• Recall some surveying measurement challenges, such as determining the right datum point in a construction site and measuring location of proper job site datum under changing conditions.
• Identify critical, key components, such as slab thickness tolerances coordinated with reinforcing mat cover tolerances, of a reinforced concrete slab placed on expansive soil with void forms supporting the slab during construction.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: The full and complete returned product will be accepted if returned within 60 days of receipt and in salable condition. A 20% service charge applies. Return shipping fees are the customer’s responsibility.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.
Subscriptions These items are not eligible for return.
Exchanges: Contact ACI’s Customer Services Department for options (+1.248.848.3800 – ACICustomerService@concrete.org).