In today’s market, it is imperative to be knowledgeable and have an edge over the competition. ACI members have it…they are engaged, informed, and stay up to date by taking advantage of benefits that ACI membership provides them.
Read more about membership
Become an ACI Member
Founded in 1904 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA, the American Concrete Institute is a leading authority and resource worldwide for the development, dissemination, and adoption of its consensus-based standards, technical resources, educational programs, and proven expertise for individuals and organizations involved in concrete design, construction, and materials, who share a commitment to pursuing the best use of concrete.
American Concrete Institute
38800 Country Club Dr.
Farmington Hills, MI
Feedback via Email
Home > Publications > International Concrete Abstracts Portal
The International Concrete Abstracts Portal is an ACI led collaboration with leading technical organizations from within the international concrete industry and offers the most comprehensive collection of published concrete abstracts.
Title: Restoration of a Concrete Clarifier Structure
Author(s): Stephen H. Tsui
Publication: Special Publication
Appears on pages(s): 229-238
Keywords: cracking (fracturing); patching;
concrete; repairs; scaling; seepage; thermal stresses;
proofing; water tanks. --
Abstract:This paper reports the structural investigation, concrete testing, and rehabilitation program for a concrete clarifier in a water treatment plant at Belle River, Ontario, Canada. This plant was constructed in 1945 with non-air entrained, site mixed concrete. Extensive concrete scaling and spalling, traces of leakage and random cracking were observed on the tank wall surfaces. Both analytical methods and in-situ testing were employed to evaluate the structural adequacy of the clarifier. removal of deteriorated concrete, Remedial works involving construction of an exterior semi-circular protective concrete wall with buttresses plus repairs to the interior wall were completed in July, 1981.
Click here to become an online Journal subscriber