Title: Monolithic Concrete House Construction at Phillipsburg, N.J.
Author(s): Paul R. Smith
Publication: Journal Proceedings
Appears on pages(s): 141-150
In 1918, when the Ingersoll Rand Co., of Phillipsburg, N.J., wished to construct houses for employees, little thought had been give as to the kind of house which would be erected. It was necessary, first to build houses rapidly, economically, to make them attractive and comfortable and suit the needs of of the various classes of people for whom the houses were intended.