Committee Mission: To develop and report information on the analysis and design of structural concrete subjected to shear and/or torsion in combination with bending and axial force, including prestressing.
Goals: 1. Assist 318-affiliated committees and subcommittees to address life-safety issues and to make other improvements in the ACI 318 Building Code.
2. Support ACI 318 affiliated committees to develop improved one-way and two-way shear design provisions;
3. Develop a new 445 committee document on shear design and behavior of structural concrete;
4. Merge the beam shear database efforts of members of 445 for the development and distribution of complete (collection) databases for researchers and of reduced size (selected) databases for use in the evaluation of design code provisions;
5. Work and coordinate with other ACI committees on topics of close interests such as ACI committees: 352, 421, and 446
6. Work closely with other national and international agencies to advance the state-of-the-art of shear and torsion in structural concrete;
7. Sponsor technical sessions focused on the dissemination of committee work
Upcoming Open Meetings:
ACI Spring Convention 2023 - 4/3/2023 2:00 PM-6:00 PM Union Square 17 & 18, San Francisco, CA
Upcoming Convention Sessions:
Punching Shear of Concrete Slabs: Insights from New Materials, Tests, and Analysis Methods, Part 2 of 2
ACI Spring Convention 2023 - San Francisco, CA