Committee Mission: Develop and report information on the corrosion of metals embedded in or in contact with concrete.
Goals: (1) Publish the revised 222R document
(2) Organize webinars to advertise the revised 222R document
(3) Publish guidelines for test method for chloride thresholds (222-TG1)
(4) Develop tech notes on allowable chloride limits, case studies on chloride limits and thresholds, and effect of cracking on concrete.
(5) Develop sessions and special publications on the subjects that are within the mission scope of the committee.
Upcoming Open Meetings:
ACI Spring Convention 2018 - 3/27/2018 2:00 PM-5:00 PM - LA-Idaho, Salt Lake City, UT
Upcoming Convention Sessions:
The Role of Cracking on Corrosion of Reinforced Concrete
ACI Spring Convention 2018 - Salt Lake City, UT
Documents Under Development:
• 222R: Guide to Protection of Metals in Concrete Against Corrosion
• 222R: Report on Protection of Metals in Concrete Against Corrosion