Committee Mission: Develop and report information on the corrosion of metals embedded in or in contact with concrete.
Goals: (1) Publish the revised 222R document
(2) Organize webinars to advertise the revised 222R document
(3) Publish guidelines for test method for chloride thresholds (222-TG1)
(4) Develop tech notes on allowable chloride limits, case studies on chloride limits and thresholds, and effect of cracking on concrete.
(5) Develop sessions and special publications on the subjects that are within the mission scope of the committee.
Documents Under Development:
• 222R: Report on Protection of Metals in Concrete Against Corrosion
• 222R-18: Guide to Protection of Metals in Concrete Against Corrosion