Committee Mission: Develop and report information on mass concrete structures and placement of other thermally controlled concrete.
Goals: 1) Develop Guide to Reinforced Structural Mass Concrete; 2) Update 207.4 "Cooling and Insulating Systems for Mass Concrete"; 3) Update 207.1 "Guide to Mass Concrete" (ACI 207.1R); 4) Update 207.2R "Report on Volume Change Effects on Cracking of Mass Concrete" ; 5)Develop a more user friendly guidelines to determine appropriate definitions for Mass and Thermally Controlled Concrete.
Chair: Christopher Ferraro
Upcoming Open Meetings:
ACI Fall Convention 2018 - 10/15/2018 10:00 AM-1:00 PM - Palma A, B, E, F, Las Vegas, NV
Documents Under Development:
• 207.1R (Future): Mass Concrete
• 207.4R: Cooling and Insulating Systems for Mass Concrete
• 207.XR: Guide to Reinforced Structural Mass Concrete
• 207.YR (Future): Mixture Proportioning of Mass Concrete
• 207.ZR: Compendium of Case Histories on Repair of Erosion-Damaged Concrete in Hydraulic Structures