YEAR ESTABLISHED: 1966
GEOGRAPHIC BOUNDARIES: Quebec and Eastern Ontario
EXCELLENT AWARD: 2019
OUTSTANDING AWARDS: 2015, 2017, 2018
MISSION: The Local is committed to promoting the best interests of ACI. To this end, it undertakes to:
· Promote and represent the interests of ACI in Quebec and Eastern Ontario
· Ensure that the interests of ACI International are represented
· Encourage continuing education and certification, organize technical seminars, industrial visits and conference dinners, etc.
· Contribute to the advancement of engineering education by encouraging studies and research
· Develop and disseminate technical information throughout the geographical region represented by the Local Chapter
Adhesive Anchor Installer
CSA Standards Field Testing Technician
Post-Installed Concrete Anchor Installation Inspector
Several Educational Seminar held annually
Student Conference Presentations on various concrete topics with guest speakers
ACI Quebec and Eastern Ontario Merit Award for an outstanding contribution to concrete industry.
ACI-QC/CAC Recognition Award: Given to a professional for a project where concrete was successfully used; presented at the Progress in Concrete Annual Convention.
Excellence Awards: Honors the vision of the most creative projects that the concrete industry has to offer.
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS: Awarded $16,000 annually
STUDENT CHAPTERS SPONSORED: Université de Sherbrooke; University of Ottawa; Queens University; Université Laval; Concordia University