A Self-Consolidating Concrete Testing Technician is an individual who has demonstrated the
knowledge of and ability to properly perform five standard test methods and practices on self-consolidating
Scope and Knowledge:
This program assesses proficiency in the following ASTM test methods and practices:
- C1610/C1610M—Static Segregation of Self-Consolidating Concrete Using Column Technique
- C1611/C1611M—Slump Flow of Self-Consolidating Concrete
- C1621/C1621M—Passing Ability of Self-Consolidating Concrete by J-Ring
- C1712—Rapid Assessment of Static Segregation Resistance of Self-Consolidating Concrete Using Penetration
- C1758/C1758M—Fabricating Test Specimens with Self-Consolidating Concrete
Job Task Analysis (JTA) for ACI Certification
Self-Consolidating Concrete Testing Technician
ACI will grant certification to candidates who meet both of the following requirements:
- Passing score on the written examination, AND
- Successful completion of the performance examination.
The one-hour written examination is closed-book and consists of approximately 50 multiple-choice questions.
There are between 6-10 questions on each of the ASTM test methods and practices. To pass the written examination,
BOTH of the following conditions must be met:
- Minimum score of 60% correct for each of the required test methods and practices, AND
- Minimum score of 70% overall.
The performance examination is also closed-book and requires actual demonstration of the required test
methods and practices. The examinee is assessed on his/her ability to correctly perform (or describe items
verbally, where allowed) all of the required steps for each procedure.
Certification is valid for a period of 5 years from the date of testing. Recertification requires the successful
completion of both the written and performance examinations.