A Residential Concrete Foundation Technician is an individual who has demonstrated knowledge of residential concrete foundation construction and the codes and standards that apply to this segment of the concrete construction industry.
Scope and Knowledge:
Specific areas of knowledge covered in this program are:
- Concrete Materials
- Evaluation of Soils
- Excavation Safety
- Components of the Foundation System
- Top Restraint
- Wall Construction
- Reinforcement (Structural and Temperature/Shrinkage)
- Footings and Bottom Restraint
- Waterproofing and Dampproofing
- Backfilling Operations
- Safe Working Environment (Fall Protection, Confined Space, etc.)
ACI will grant certification only to those applicants who attain a passing grade on the ACI written examination.
The two-hour written examination is open-book and consists of approximately 80 multiple-choice questions. To pass the written examination the examinee must attain a minimum score of 70%.
Scheduled for publication in 2019.