A Residential Concrete Foundation Technician is an individual who has demonstrated knowledge of residential concrete foundation construction and the codes and standards that apply to this segment of the concrete construction industry.
Scope and Knowledge:
Specific areas of knowledge covered in this program are:
- Building Codes
- Soils and Excavation
- Foundation Walls
- Cold-Weather Concreting
- Concrete Properties and Placement
- Waterproofing, Dampproofing, and Drainage
This program requires demonstration of the knowledge covered on the Job Task Analysis (JTA):
JTA for ACI Residential Concrete Foundation Technician Certification
The JTA is a detailed list of specific points of knowledge that may be included in the examination for this ACI Certification program. ACI urges candidates to use the JTA to prepare for the certification exams.
ACI will grant certification only to those applicants who attain a passing grade on the ACI written examination.
The 2.5-hour (150 minutes) written examination is open-book and consists of approximately 80 multiple-choice questions. To pass the written examination the examinee must attain a minimum score of 70%.
Go to the ACI Bookstore on this website to order and/or obtain current pricing on any items listed below:
CP–55PACK: Reference Package for ACI Certification of Residential Concrete Foundation Technician
This package contains all of the resource materials needed to properly prepare for and take the examinations for certification as an ACI Residential Concrete Foundation Technician. The reference package contains:
- ACI 332.1R Guide to Residential Concrete Construction
- ACI 332-14 Residential Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary
- CFA Cold Weather Research Project Report: Casting Residential Foundation Walls in Cold Weather
- CFA-TN-001 Using ACI 332 with the IRC
- CFA-TN-002 Backfilling Foundation Walls
- CFA-TN-003 Casting Residential Foundation Walls in Cold Weather
- CFA-TN-004 Cracking in Concrete Walls
- CFA-TN-010 Waterproofing, Backfill, and Maintenance
- CFA-TN-011 Soils & Excavation Safety
- CFA-TN-012 Concrete Basics for the Residential Contractor
- ICC International Residential Code (IRC), Chapter 4